Vehicles on this site
1909 Commer Car type RC shooting break.
1913 McCurd box van
1914 Dennis N type pump fire engine
1915 Dennis type A utility lorry
1916 Ford Model T Pick-up.
1919 Garford model 25 lorry
1921 Dennis N type pump/escape fire engine
1922 Ford T model charabanc
1922 Gwynne Eight invincible pump, fire engine
1925 Austin type 20/4 pump/escape fire engine
1926 Renault type OS lorry
1926 Ford T model with 20cwt crane
1928 Morris Commercial
1 ton Furniture Truck
1929 Dennis 5cwt Tray Back Lorry
1930 Foden type HH box van
1934 Thornycroft type
A/FB/4 drop side lorry
1934 Ford type BB lorry
1935 Austin Taxicab
1935 Ford Flat bed lorry
1935 Dennis 45 – 50 cwt tanker lorry
1936 AEC Mercury tower wagon.
1937 Ford V8 model 77 van
1939 Gu drop side lorry
1946 Scammell type 20LA tractor
1949 Leyland Tiger PS2 coach
1950 AEC Regent III
Double Decker Bus
1951 Ford V8 Pilot van
1952 Bedford type OLDB drop side lorry
1931 Ford type AA drop side lorry
1955 Scammell Scarab lorry
1956 Ford type E83W pick-up
1967 Leyland Leopard bus
5 cwt Trayback Lorry
BRIEF HISTORY of DENNIS
The engines for these Commercial vehicles were supplied the Coventry company of White and Poppe and Dennis Brother took over the Company in 1918. This became the Dennis engine plant until the early 1930's.
Dennis built 1700 'Subsidy' trucks that were supplied to the British War department , during the 1914 - 1918 great war .
At the end of www1 Dennis
introduced a new 2.5 ton trucks, and in 1926 had expanded the range to Payloads that covered 4, 5, and 6 tons, This was quite a large range of trucks and became quite a common site on British roads. Mostly powered by 347 cu inch 4 cylinder petrol engine. (5.7 litre)
Vintage Vehicle Society
2001 LONDON to BRIGHTON COMMERCIAL
The Historical Commercial Vehicle Society 40th Annual London to Brighton Run.
Official program says.
A14 1929 Dennis 5 cwt flatbed Lorry - This vehicle spent most of its working life at Trowbridge Dairies in Wiltshire. It was then exhibited at the Dargate museum until its closure, when it was sold and undertook promotional work for Red Lion Breweries. Obtained by Borough Green Sawmills in 1997 and has since been completely restored.
Entered by P. Smith of Sutton Valence, Ken